I need help with the "Forgot your password" function
At the 5 Learning Dynamics login page, http://5learningdynamics.com/
, use the link "Forgot your password? Click here." to request a password reset. At the Forgot Password screen, enter your User ID or Email Address and click "Submit"; a confirmation email will be sent to the email address on file. Following confirmation, you will receive a second email with the
temporary password; you can then log in and change your password at the
My Folder page.
How do I know if the Forgot Password request worked?
- When you enter your User ID or email address and click "Submit," if the system is able to successfully process your request you will immediately be returned to the login page. There is need to submit multiple requests.
- Otherwise, if your ID or email is not recognized you will receive the error message listed below.
I keep getting an error message, "You entered an incorrect userid or the account does not have an email address associated with it."
- This error indicates that either the ID or email address you entered does not exist in our database; there is no email address on file to send the confirmation email. Carefully check your login credentials and try again; if you do not remember your User ID, you will have to contact the person who issued your login credentials.
- If your institution has email variations (for example, "@email.mycollege.edu" vs. "@mycollege.edu"), then contact the person who issued your login credentials (shown in the email invitation) to confirm the exact email address used to create your ID.
- If your User ID is a letter followed by 5-7 numerals or was provided directly from someone at your institution, then on your first log in you will be
prompted to enter your name and email address. Until that point, there is no email address associated with your ID and the Forgot Password function will not work. Return to the login page and enter the ID and password that was given to you. See General Log In Information.
I submit the request (without seeing an error message) but never get an email!
- You will know you successfully submitted your request when you are immediately returned to the login page after pressing the Submit button. Otherwise, if you receive an error message, read the question immediately above for next steps.
- All system-generated emails come from firstname.lastname@example.org with "5 Dynamics" in the subject line, just in case you need to search your spam/junk folder.
- After waiting 5 minutes, if the email is not in the inbox or spam/junk folder of the email address you entered in the request form, then most likely the confirmation message is being delayed or blocked by your local email server. Contact the person who issued your login credentials (shown in the email invitation) to let them know you are not receiving 5 Dynamics emails and to request they manually set a temporary password for you.
Should I use the Forgot Password function multiple times until I get the email?
If none of the above suggestions help or if you have any other issues or questions not covered above, submit a HelpDesk ticket.
Include in the ticket the email address issued by your institution and
include a detailed description of your problem with any error messages
or system behavior that you are experiencing; screenshots are always
- Delivery of the confirmation email may take a few minutes, but no more than 10
minutes; we recommend you wait at least 5 minutes before making multiple
password reset requests.
- Your temporary password is changed each time a
request is submitted, whether you receive the confirmation email or not. Therefore, once you submit a Forgot Password request, you will not be able to log in again until you complete the process or have your instructor to manually set a temporary password for you.
- If you do use the Forgot Password function multiple times and eventually receive all the confirmation emails (e.g., find them in your spam/junk folder), then only the most recent email is valid. You can safely delete any older emails and only focus on the most recent confirmation email.
General Log In Information
Login credentials (ID & Password) To log in to the 5 Dynamics Learning Application (https://5learningdynamics.com) you need an ID and password. These login credentials are provided to you through your learning institution, either directly from your ...
Troubleshooting Guide for Login Problems
5 Learning Dynamics Login URL First, make sure you are using the correct URL, as we have multiple login pages for our different products. Our educational application, http://5learningdynamics.com, is used by secondary schools, community colleges, and ...
Questions within the 5 Learning Dynamics Application
Once logged in to the 5 Learning Dynamics application, there are several commonly asked questions you may have. Why do I have to enter my name and email address? If your User ID is a letter followed by 5-7 numerals or was provided directly from ...