Troubleshooting Guide for Login Problems
5 Learning Dynamics Login URL
First, make sure you are using the correct URL, as we have multiple login pages for our different products. Our educational application, http://5learningdynamics.com
, is used by secondary schools, community colleges, and universities. If your email invitation has a subject line of "5 Dynamics Invitation" or if your login information came directly from someone at your institution, then this is the correct login page. If you are looking for our Simpli5 platform, used by our corporate customers and select universities, you can redirect here
User ID or Email
Your User ID is provided in your login credentials. If you get an error message about the wrong ID or password, check your User ID carefully.
- Some system-generated IDs may be close, but not exact, to your name; for example, "psmit" for Pat Smith.
- You may also use the email address associated with your User ID; however, you should check with your instructor to confirm if your institution has email variations (for example, "@email.mycollege.edu" vs. "@mycollege.edu")
- If your User ID is a letter followed by 5-7 numerals, then you will be prompted on your first login to enter your name and email address; therefore, only your User ID can be used for the initial login.
Your default password is provided in your login credentials. You can change your password after logging in by using the "Change my password" box at the My Folder page.
- System-generated passwords are common 6-8 letter words and are always in all lower-case, even if they are usually proper nouns (e.g., “january”).
- Depending on the font used, some characters can look very similar: lowercase “L” and numeral “1”; capital “O” and numeral “0”; etc. Try different combinations if applicable.
Troubleshooting Login Problems
When you enter your ID and password and press the LOGIN button, what happens?
- Does your ID and password disappear, but you remain at the login page?
- If you aren't comfortable with making changes to your browser settings, then we recommend trying to use a different browser on the same or a different device, to see if you are able to log in.
- Do you get a popup message, “You entered an incorrect User ID or Password. Please check the spelling and make sure CAPS LOCK is not on and try again”? Even though you know you are typing everything correctly?
- Are you using the most recent email invitation? Each invitation sent invalidates any older passwords.
- Otherwise, this may be related to your computer settings or your browser cache. Use the general advice listed below to try to troubleshoot the problem.
- Restart your computer, then go to the login page (URL above) and try your login information again.
- Force your browser to reload the page, to make sure it’s not using a cached copy of the page. Refresh the page with the keystrokes given below, then try again to log in.
- In Firefox, Chrome, Opera, and Internet Explorer, open the login page, then press Ctrl+F5.
- In Safari on OS X, press ⌥ Option+⌘ Command+E to empty your cache (for all websites you have visited), and then ⌘ Command+R to refresh the page. Since the cache has been deleted, the page will be retrieved from the server. If you don't want to delete your whole cache, then skip this step.
- If you have a second Internet browser installed on your computer, then use it to open the login page and try to log in; the issue may be related to some other browser settings not covered above.
- If all else fails, try to log in on another computer or device, if that’s an option for you.
If none of the above suggestions help or if you have any other issues or questions not covered above, submit a HelpDesk ticket
. Include in the ticket the email address issued by your institution and include a detailed description of your problem with any error messages or system behavior that you are experiencing; screenshots are always helpful.
General Log In Information
Login credentials (ID & Password) To log in to the 5 Dynamics Learning Application (https://5learningdynamics.com) you need an ID and password. These login credentials are provided to you through your learning institution, either directly from your ...
I need help with the "Forgot your password" function
At the 5 Learning Dynamics login page, http://5learningdynamics.com/, use the link "Forgot your password? Click here." to request a password reset. At the Forgot Password screen, enter your User ID or Email Address and click "Submit"; a confirmation ...